We are Standard Locknut- a local company that specializes in manufacturing of bearings, locknut and other accessories. We need to add machinists to our team. Training will take place on day shift for approximately 6-8 weeks, and will then transition to a third shift position. Third shift is from 8:00pm - 6:00 am. Posted below is the job description, if interested, please apply. We will begin interviewing immediately.
We offer medical, dental and vision insurance on the first of the month following your date of hire! No more long waits for insurance! We also have paid time off, 401(k) and other opportunities to earn time off.
What are you waiting for? Apply TODAY!
Performs wide range of duties involving operating all types of CNC equipment, coupled with following/achieving manufacturing, quality and performance standards, while exceeding our customer’s expectations with quality service in a timely manner.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Sets-up and operates various types of CNC and/or auxiliary equipment for production; makes products at an acceptable level of quality and productivity.
- Performs editing functions to CNC programs as needed
- Understands and follows all procedures associated with job functions.
- Performs special projects as directed.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Participates on Work Teams.
- Participates in training sessions.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining and following quality standards and standard operating procedures.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience with CNC turning and milling
- HS diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of decimals, fractions, geometry and basic math.
- Use of precision measuring equipment.
- Basic reading, writing and English language skills.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, leveraging, hoisting or carrying 25 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Listing, pushing, pulling, leveraging, hoisting or carrying 50 pounds or more on an occasional basis.
- Ability to stand at assigned machine cell for length of shift.
Standard Locknut is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind.
Standard Locknut is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Standard Locknut are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Standard Locknut will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Standard Locknut encourages applicants of all ages.